Thursday, November 1, 2012

Datz What I'll Have

If people were to ask me which is my favorite place to eat in South Tampa, my answer undoubtedly would be Datz on McDill. I fell in love with Datz from my days belonging to a beer enthusiast group where we'd often meet there to enjoy the 35 craft beers Datz carries and its scrumptious food. Each time our group met we'd always get these 2 items: out of this world PRETZEL BITES (pretzel tossed with garlic oil, herbs, parmesan and sea salt) and tasty sweet-n-salty homemade POTATO CHIPS (chips drizzled with creamy blue cheese sauce).


You have not had pretzel until you've had Datz's pretzel. The herbs and parmesan really put this pretzel over the top. I'm salivating as I'm typing this.


Datz has an extensive menu comprised of Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. I've never had breakfast there but I've heard friends raved about its Red Velvet Tower (fluffy red velvet pancakes, drizzled with cream cheese icing and topped with candied nuts). Can you say YUM? However, I have been there many times for lunch and dinner and Datz has never disappointed me, especially its sandwiches. There are 13 sandwiches to choose from and I've had 5 of them, but my all time favorite is the SMOKEY AND THE BIRD (marinated grilled chicken breast, nueske’s applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, honeycup mustard, serve hot on grilled country bread).


Believe me, I'm not a fan of the chicken sandwich BUT I totally LOVE this one! The chicken breast is tasty and moist, the slices of bacon are nice and thick, and the bread is glistening and grilled to perfection. On rare occasions my boyfriend and I would resist the urge to get this sandwich but instead get something different, because everything else on the menu is good! Between the both of us we've had the 'CUE THE BRISKET, Havana Hottie, Carolina On My Mind, Iron Mike Tate Club, Creole Shrimp & Grits, Waffles n' Tweet and Lobster Pot Pie.


If you haven't been, GO! If you have, GO AGAIN! Whatever you decide to order, whether food, craft beer, wine or spirits, I promise Datz won't disappoint you. What are you waiting for?!?


Website for Datz: http://www.datztampa.com


No comments:

Post a Comment