Friday, February 1, 2013

Thai Spice

Thai Spice on McMullen Booth in Clearwater, FL is hands down my favorite Thai restaurant and the only in the restaurant category I go most often. It's a tiny restaurant hidden in a plaza, but once you go you won't soon forget. Just like the decor, the food at Thai Spice is no frills. But don't mistake no frills for simple because every dish on the menu is full of flavor and depth.

Let's start with my favorite dish of all time, and I do mean ALL TIME, the Yum Duck (crispy duck mixed with spring mix, cashew, red onion, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, lime sauce and chili peppers). This salad has so many flavors and texture all in one: sour, salty, spicy, tangy, fatty, crunchy, soft and so fresh. Caution: you'll be so hooked you won't be able to order anything else.


Everything on the Thai Spice's menu is equally yummy. From the appetizers to the curries to the noodles and, if you still have room, the desserts are prepared fresh, flavorful and fast. I have eaten here 30+ times and I can't recall even once when the lettuce wasn't fresh, the vegetables weren't cooked just perfect (slightly raw with a crunch still), or the meats overcooked.





Thai Spice is absolutely my favorite Thai restaurant and I have no doubt it'll be yours too.


Website for Thai Spice: http://www.thaispicerest.com


1 comment:

  1. Agree with everything that was said! Excellent review on an excellent restaurant. I never get tired of eating here!

    ReplyDelete