Friday, June 1, 2012

Fond Memories of a Thai Beef Salad

I'll never forget the very first time I ate a Thai Beef Salad. It was made by a friend, who's also the chef, at the Thai restaurant he owned in Gainesvile, FL. It had all the ingredients I like combined expertly to make a salad that's sour, spicy, crunchy, beefy, and very fresh tasting. I loved it so much that I ordered it every time I ate at his restaurant. Eventually, I moved away from Gainesville so ended my love affair with this Thai Beef Salad. Not long after and many Thai restaurants later, I realized that I would not find the same beef salad so I decided that I would have to make it myself.

My friend's beef salad is slightly different than the beef salads I've eaten at other Thai restaurants even though it has virtually the same ingredients. The basic ingredients for a Thai Beef Salad beef, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, chili pepper, lime juice and cilantro, but the difference is that their beef is well done while my friend's is seared med-rare. The rareness of the beef adds a sweet meaty flavor to the salad that others don't have. Since I love my beef still mooing, my friend's recipe is definitely the beef salad I prefer.

Since I started making it years ago, this salad has been a huge hit at every gatherings. I totally recommend you try making it yourself. I hope you'll like it as much as I do.


Check out the RECIPES section for my version of the Thai Beef Salad and other delicious recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment